[Tutor] how to write documentation for a script

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 10 17:44:26 2003

> >Is there a way to include documentation within the actual script, as
> >you can in perl?
>
> You might, however, want to look into something that's called (IIRC)
> reStructured Text.  I *think* that ActiveState has their hands in this,

There's an explanation on the emerging "StructuredText" format here:

     http://www.python.org/sigs/doc-sig/stext.html

It looks like there is pretty good consensus for the StructuredText
approach --- it allows us to combine some kind of markup (emphasis,
paragraphs) within docstrings.

And StructuredText seems pretty versatile; the Zope Book is written in
StructuredText:

    http://www.zope.org/DocProjects/zope_book_signups/index_html

Hope this helps!