[Tutor] Re: Reply to list... [think of the digested users]

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 3 12:39:02 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Kalle Svensson wrote:

> [Magnus Lycka]
>
> > But perhaps it would still be better with reply-to set to the mailing
> > list. I guess this is configurable. Danny?
>
> No, it isn't (better).

But it is configurable.  *grin*

Here's another reason for keeping the status quo: if the replier properly
uses their emailer "reply-to-all", then the receiver directly receives
replies.  I guess I'm stating the obvious.  *grin* But this feature is
very important for people who are running in "digest mode".  Digested
users who don't follow every single message on Tutor still can ask and
receive direct answers.

I did a quick check on the number of subscribers;  about half are digested
users, so we'd better not ignore them.  *grin* So that's another good
reasons to not force replies to go only to the list.

Talk to you later!