[Tutor] import MySQLdb problem

helena bhaska helena_b2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 17:06:59 EST 2003

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion, but this does not fix the
problem.  My previous idea about modifying ld.so.conf
stopped working too for some reason after I played
with it for a while.
I have also tried the following in shell:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=path to MySQLdb
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
python blah.py
but this does not work either, again getting the same
ImportError!
simply going to python and saying import MySQLdb
works, ti does know where to look for it, it's only
broken when I try to do that on a server. :(((
As I mentioned before SetEnv and PassEnv in apache
conf file does not fix this problem either (Can
someone please explain how these work in more detail
than in the man pages?)
I have also tried reinstalling MySQLdb.
sorry, this is probably a stupid problem, but I am
stuck with it and getting desperate :(
-Helena
--- "Jörg_Wölke" <lumbricus at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hello!
>
> [ snip ]
>
> > I am probably misunderstanding how to use
> > LS_LIBRARY_PATH, I assumed that I was supposed to
> give
>      ^
>      D?
>
> > path to where MySQLdb is, so here is what I have
> done:
> >
> > SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/
> > PassEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH

os.environ['LD_LIBRARY_PATH']='/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/'