[Tutor] Dumb question on emacs and python ...

hcohen2 hcohen2 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 27 13:47:38 EST 2003

Amy Hendrix wrote:

> [...]
Amy,

I change to read/write/exec rights prior to editing - I think the color
coding and highlighting is significant.  When I made errors in coding
the color change for a reserved word would not appear and forgetting the
':' causes a failure in the indentation of subsequent lines.  In other
cases i wrote the files from scratch and have seen both the color and
highlighting appear.

One copy - with no changes fails to execute using the same command.  The
only difference is that the file ends with a '1', i.e. fgrepwc.py* ->
fgrepwc1.py*.

Thanks