[Tutor] [support@deltawebhosting.com: Re: Python cgi

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shaleh at speakeasy.net
Wed Dec 24 12:30:37 EST 2003

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 07:05, O. Moskalenko wrote:
> Would someone more experienced make a comment I could pass on to those
> guys ;)?

Do they offer cgi at all?  In what languages / ways?  If they allow you to use
perl then there is no reason to exclude python.  Perhaps they could explain
how they feel it is less secure than what they are currently offering?  From
their experience they may have valid reasons.

There is no good response we can provide to either you or your would-be hosts.
More information is needed.

Be polite with them, security is very important for web hosters.  One serious
mistake could cost them their business.  Remember, you will usually end up on
a virtual host so if you get hacked every other domain on the host gets
hacked.  6 years ago we were hosting 20+ domains on a single linux box.