[Tutor] Inheritance

arkamir at softhome.net arkamir at softhome.net
Tue Dec 16 15:34:17 EST 2003

I'm just starting to learn classes and have run into trouble understanding
how classes inherit.

One question is if class A inherits from class B and C. And then B inherits
from M and N. And C inherits from F and G, while F and N inherit from class
z which inherits from object, what is the name resolution.

                 M  N    F  G
                  B       C

Also can someone explain to me what super() does, i need something pretty
basic.

Next using the same classes as above, if z.__init__: connects to a database,
how can I make sure that it is only called once, while initializing all the
classes. Would the connection have to be just within the body, and how would
that work??

class test:
  def __init__():
      self.x = 'hello'
  print self.x

Tha above code raises an error. What can I do to make it work??