[Tutor] Pinging some requested IP with Python - usefull or not & some really basic examples needed ...

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor at venix.com
Tue Dec 16 08:52:52 EST 2003

TADEY wrote:

> Hello again ...
>

> - I realized, that the bigest barrier, when having basic knowledge
> (after reading, and making examples from one or two tutorials), knowing
> at least elementary commands, functions, etc., .. is starting to make
> (write own code for) programs on your own ..
>
> So I would be more than happy, if any of "moderators" (those, who has
> their own tutorials written and post here on mailing list), or anyone
> else here, reading tutor-mail list, would post some examples here, or
> probably better - send me them on my mail adress. I just need
> really basic, (but a little bit more complex - on a litle bit higher
> level), but still completely basic program examples.
> (snipped)
>
> Thanks, and please I would be happy to get as much examples you can send
> (of really simple code as possible, but on slightly higher level, than
> tutorials are written) ...

A couple of sites with examples of short python programs:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python
ActiveState O'Reilly Python cookbook code samples ratings review
(there is also a book with explaining many of the coding examples)

http://www.uselesspython.com/
Useless Python!
(anything but useless)

--