[Tutor] Explanation of how to set DTR and RTS with pySerial

Stanfield, Vicki {D167~Indianapolis} vicki.stanfield at ROCHE.COM
Wed Dec 10 09:26:06 EST 2003

I need to be able to change the DTR and RTS settings for a serial port
between TRUE and FALSE. I see this on the pySerial site:

setRTS(level=1) #set RTS line to specified logic level
setDTR(level=1) #set DTR line to specified logic level

but I can't find any other reference to setting these values. Can I
assume that level 1 is TRUE and level 0 is false? Is there some
reference that I am missing?

--vicki