[Tutor] program doesnt work

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 1 16:16:51 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Udz wrote:

> well, after i fixed my little mistake (thanx G.Rodriguez, I made a
> stupid mistake.), i ran py2exe, and it appeared to work right, it built
> the dir that it was supposed to, and compiled the .dll and .exe file.
> the only problem is, the program doesnt work. The window just kinda pops
> up, then disappears without doing anything.

Hi Udz,

Just checking up on this: what happens if you add the line:

###
raw_input("Program finished: press Enter to continue...")
###

at the very end of your program?  I suspect that Windows is closing your
program down automatically.  t's a common issue for console-based programs
on Windows, that your program may actually be running fine, but may simply
be finishing too quickly for you to see it.

Many programs try to work around this window-closing feature by forcing a
prompt so that the user can see things.

Good luck to you!