[Tutor] Copying a list?

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor at venix.com
Wed Aug 27 19:37:01 EDT 2003

That looks OK to me.  Bob's suggestion of b = a[:] avoids importing
the copy module.  This is good, so long as you're comfortable using
slice notation to signify a copy.  Personally, I would not use list(a)
to get a copy simply because it looks more like a transformation (e.g.
turning a tuple into a list).

(I keep my pythontutor email folder sorted by thread.  When someone
simply repliese to another email - even if they change the subject,
the email gets added to the original thread.  I assume that this
would also apply to the mail-list archives.  It's better to start
a new thread with a new message.  Add tutor at python.org to your address
book if you have to.)

--
Lloyd Kvam