[Tutor] More py please?

Scot W. Stevenson scot at possum.in-berlin.de
Sun Aug 24 19:29:05 EDT 2003

Hi there,

>    You'd probably have to tell us which operating system you plan on
> doing this on. I've successfully run two different versions of Python on
> a Windows machine, but I have not tried this under Linux.

I have SuSE 8.2 default Python installed (2.2, I think) and later upgraded to
2.3 without a problem: It seems that Python likes to put itself in
/usr/local instead of mainlining it. Also, /usr/bin/python is just a
symbolik link to /usr/bin/python2.2 on my machine.

Y, Scot

--
          How to quiet a crying baby with the X Window System:
                  nice xlock -inwindow -mode kumppa

               Scot W. Stevenson - Zepernick, Germany