[Tutor] gtk.glade missing

Andreas Zwinkau andi at buxach.de
Sat Aug 16 20:30:08 EDT 2003

Hi

i installed pygtk and glade and wanted to test my first little gui. The
problem is gtk.glade is somehow missing. I do only need the pygtk
wrapper with gtk2, don't i?
This is the test, which always leads to an exception:

import pygtk
pygtk.require("2.0")

try:
        import gtk
        import gtk.glade # here it brakes
except:
        print "You need to install pyGTK or GTKv2 or set your PYTHONPATH
correctly."
        print "try: export
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/"
        sys.exit(1)

The example is copied from the Linux Journal, thats why there are these
error messages

pygtk, gtk2 is installed, do i need something else?

mfg
Andreas Zwinkau