[Tutor] wiki madness grows one you like a brain fungus [regex refinements, re.sub() can take in a subst. function]

Kirk Bailey idiot1 at netzero.net
Mon Aug 11 09:05:04 EDT 2003

Worth a look. As my car just had a corinary, I'm going to purchase 1 ONE 1 book
only for now. The price Ford motor Company charges for one of those drop into
the fuel tank pump/gauge sender modules is completely INSANE. Probably drive it
home late this afternoon.

Gregor Lingl wrote:

> Sean 'Shaleh' Perry schrieb:
>
>>> mayhaps we should start a thread on 'INTRODUCTION TO RE'? Anyone
>>> intrested
>>> can hop in and participate in the confusion?
>>>

>> don't walk, run to your local bookstore and purchase O'Reilly's
>> outstanding book "Mastering Regular Expressions".  Take a week and
>> give it a good read.  Every day after that will be a more productive
>> one. Honest.
>>
>> Yes it focuses on languages other than Python.
>

> Hi!
> Maybe Kirk should consider to buy David Mertz new "Textprocessing an
> Python". It focuses on
> Python, has a large chapter on regular expressions and much material on
> other internet-related
> issues of text processing. You can find the book's description, table of
> contents and more than
> 80 pages of a sample chapter in pdf-format here:
>
> http://www.awprofessional.com/isapi/product_id~%7B5F1EAF18-40C5-4C46-9AC4-9CEF74BC3F0C%7D/catalog/product.asp
>

> Hmmm, a bit long this url, it was the 3. entry of the results of a
> google-search for:
> Addison Wesley David Mertz Text processing
>
> Could very well meet the requirements of someone trying to reinvent and
> amend the wiki.
> Regards, Gregor
>

>> But in the end everyone uses a variant of Perl5 regex.  Read for the
>> way of thinking and the regex syntax, just ignore the icky $%@&*.

end

Cheers!
         Kirk D Bailey

  +                              think                                +
   http://www.howlermonkey.net  +-----+        http://www.tinylist.org
   http://www.listville.net     | BOX |  http://www.sacredelectron.org
   Thou art free"-ERIS          +-----+     'Got a light?'-Promethieus
  +                              think                                +

Fnord.