[Tutor] Which Python?

Terry Carroll carroll@tjc.com
Fri Aug 1 23:41:18 2003

I'm a Windows XP user, primarily (occasional Linux use).

I use Activestate's ActivePython, 2.2.2.  My major reason is that I
used to use ActivePerl a lot, and when I decided to give Python a whirl,
it seemed logical to use ActivePython.

Now that Python 2.3 is out, I'm looking ahead to when I'm going to cut
over to 2.3, and I'm wondering: what are the reasons to install either
ActivePython (when 2.3 becomes available) or the standard Windows Python
from python.org?

Any opinions?

ActivePython:
 http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/

Python.org:
 http://www.python.org/2.3/

--
Terry Carroll        |   "I say to you that the VCR is to the American
Santa Clara, CA      |   film producer and the American public as the
                     |       Jack Valenti, MPAA President
Modell delendus est  |       Testimony before Congress, 1982