[Tutor] Any good way to read Tutor mails?

Neal McBurnett neal@bcn.boulder.co.us
Sat Apr 19 23:10:02 2003

The answer to your question depends on exactly how the digests are
formatted.  Please "bounce" or forward one of the digests you get from
this list to me, since I'm curious.

Unfortunately, I think in this world of spam, viruses, many different
clients and list managers, etc, it is harder and harder to get
satisfactory results from digest modes.  Though Mailman is considering
a feature enhancement to provide "index" digests which just contain
web links to the articles, which might suit you.

In the Unix world there are many tools that can be used, e.g.
"formail" perhaps with "procmail", emacs "undigest.el", "mutt",
etc. depending on whether it is a plain text digest (RFC1153) or a
MIME digest.  Mailman can be configured to generate either.  I'm not
sure why, but I don't think users can pick the format, and the default
seems to be plain text, whereas MIME would seem to be more widely
supported.

Neal McBurnett                 http://bcn.boulder.co.us/~neal/
Signed and/or sealed mail encouraged.  GPG/PGP Keyid: 2C9EBA60