[Tutor] about nltk installation

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Apr 5 16:26:01 2003

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Abdirizak abdi wrote:

> I have question about the modules, I downloaded NLTK module for win32
> and I followed the instruction for installation from the web, having
> dowloaded I the wizardinstallation guided me to complete the
> installation and it installed the same directory as Python22, I opened
> the python interactive window to check whether the installation was
> successfull I called the module as follows:

Hi Abdirizak,

Hmm... I tried answering you about this a week ago; were you able to get
my reply?  Here's a link to my reply:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2003-April/021665.html

Have you had success installing NLTK thorugh the Distutils system?  Try
downloading the source package, and then type:

    python setup.py install

at your system's prompt; Distutils should take care of the rest.
Hopefully.  *grin*

> folder structure is as follows:
>
> C:\\Python22\\nltk1.0

Yeah, this doesn't look right to me at all; third-party modules should
live in the Lib/site-packages directory, so something looks a little weird
about the folder structure.

Good luck!