[Tutor] about NLTK

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 2 20:13:01 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Abdirizak abdi wrote:

> I have question about the modules, I downloaded NLTK module for win32
> and I followed the instruction for installation from the web,

Hi Abdirizak,

I've playing a bit with the Natural Language TookKit (NLTK) on Unix,
though I haven't tried it on Windows yet.  There's so much cool stuff out
there, and just not enough time to play with it all...

> folder structure is as follows:
>
> C:\\Python22\\nltk1.0

Hmmm... That's slightly odd; I would have expected it to install into

    C:\\Python22\\Lib\\site-packages\\nltk

instead.  Does anyone have a Windows machine handy where they can test out
NLTK's installer?  You may want to ask on the NLTK help forum on this, as
the problem sounds really specific to their Windows installer:

You may want to see if installing the source package (the tar.gz or zip)
will work better.  You can install NTLK using the source distribution
through the standard distutils command:

    python setup.py install

Distutils should put the package in the proper precise place.  Probably.

Good luck to you!