[Tutor] New classes

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:28:19 +0200

At 08:57 2002-09-30 +0200, Gregor Lingl wrote:
>So there seem to be substantial differences.
>Can you gibe a *concise list* of the advantages of
>using N over using C, or of using n over using c?

The new style classes that appeared in 2.2
was perhaps the biggest change in python since
I started using 1.4 in 1996.

I have not tried to use new style classes in a
serious way. My feeble attempts made me understand
that there are a lot of problems involved...at
least in combination with multiple inheritance.

My impression is that new style classes needs to
mature a bit, and I'll stay away from them until
2.3 arrives.

--=20
Magnus Lyck=E5, Thinkware AB
=C4lvans v=E4g 99, SE-907 50 UME=C5