[Tutor] Tkinter + OSX

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:56:47 -0400

On Wednesday, September 18, 2002, at 06:00  PM, SA wrote:

> Anyways. 10.2 has python installed natively and I heard it has Tk and
> Tcl installed by default also but I get the same error. What this
> error is saying is that Tk is not installed properly because python
> cant find it?

I haven't tried it yet myself, but from what I understand, the Tk
libraries are not yet ready for Aqua.  So, there are two things you can
do:

1. [Use Fink to] install the X11 Window System (use xfree86-base
package from Fink, I think) and then install the Tk libraries to use X11
2. Do your homework on the Aqua Tk libraries and find out how to
install them.  I read that Apple was helping with the development, so
you might want to search http://developer.apple.com/

Good luck, and let us know if you get it going.

Erik

--
Erik Price                                   (zombies roam)

email: erikprice@mac.com
jabber: erikprice@jabber.org