[Tutor] 1.5.2 to 2.x.x upgrade question

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:07:25 +0200

At 01:51 2002-09-17 -0400, Kirk Bailey wrote:
>If I can upgrade critter to2.foo, will I have to rewrite a bunch of=20
>scripts, or
>will all the scripts working now continue to operate correctly under the=
 new
>version?

Apart from sockets and list.append now being more strict
and enforcing what the documentation always said, I think
some modules have become deprecated, regex for instance.

It seems the problems involved has stopped Red Hat from
upgrading, and made them fiddle with parallel installations
of both 1.5.2 and 2.x.x.

Also remember that all python libraries using the Python C-API
will have to be upgraded. Things like database drivers, wxPython,
mxDateTime etc has to be updated with Python.

For pure python scripts I doubt there will be any major problems.
It's simple to write a script to scan your file system for the
append, socket and regex problems.

--=20
Magnus Lyck=E5, Thinkware AB
=C4lvans v=E4g 99, SE-907 50 UME=C5