[Tutor] GUIs and Classes

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:13:57 -0400

On Friday, September 13, 2002, at 05:40  PM, Isaac Hall wrote:

> I began writing my GUI programs in python in strict linear fashion.  I
> did this
> because I was being forced to learn python, Tkinter, and class
> structures
> all at the same time.  I had never written an object oriented program
> in my life,
> so needless to say, I was a bit intimidated by doing so.  By writing
> my programs
> in the linear fashion (and with some function declarations too) I
> found that I
> could make my programs work just fine and dandy, however they
> eventually became
> super-large files that were a mess to modify.  So I looked into trying
> to follow
> examples in books for putting GUI stuff into classes.  I found that
> suddenly my code
> became much clearer and more concise, and to boot, I was no longer
> intimidated by
> making object oriented code.

I wonder if this is how most people come to OO programming.  I also was
writing some large, ugly PHP scripts, and as I learned how to use
objects (from Python no less) I basically rewrote my entire PHP
application to use them too, and made it a lot easier to work with.

Erik

--
Erik Price                                                  (zombies
roam)

email: erikprice@mac.com
jabber: erikprice@jabber.org