[Tutor] Database content

Terje Johan Abrahamsen terjeja@hotmail.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:35:42 +0000

I would like to make a program that has the possibility to get info from a
list of data. Eg. I would like to have a dropdown box where I can write for
example a few letters of a persons last name. Then I can use the dropdown
box to select which individual I want. When I have selected the person, I
get up the phonenumber, adress and so forth. How should I store this info
the best?

A list?
al_bundy = ["chicago", "555-5433", "Dodge"]

A dictionary?

Other suggestions?

The list of names is rather large, but the program should hopefully be used
on different computers, so a link to Excel, Access or a SQL database is not
possible. Everything has to be run in Python. Thanks..