Iterators (was: Re: [Tutor] text module)

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 10:39:57 -0400

On Saturday, August 31, 2002, at 08:56  PM, Ibraheem Umaru-Mohammed
wrote:

> A good article on iterators and generators is:
>
> 	,---- [ url ]
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-
> pycon.html?t=gr,lnxw10=PyIntro
> 	`----

Thanks Ibz, I will read that article.

> I haven't played much with iterators myself, nor simple generators,
> but the code
> below might help, as it is an example that uses both the __iter__()
> and next() methods
> required of user-defined classes that adhere to the iterator protocol.

"iterator protocol" makes me wonder if iterators are found in other
programming languages other than Python.  Obviously it wouldn't use the
double-underscore convention for the method to be subclassed, but is
this something that's found in C++, Java, or Obj-C (etc)?

Thank you,

Erik

--
Erik Price