[Tutor] Tkinter and non-ASCII-characters, again

Scot W. Stevenson scot@possum.in-berlin.de
Fri Oct 25 00:21:01 2002

Hello Magnus,

> locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, 'de_DE@euro')
> works in a linux machine with python 2.1.2 that
> I just tested.

Doesn't work for me - the problem is that I am feeding part of the string
input into an "eval()" call, and that doesn't like the Unicode Tkinter is
feeding back even if is part of a string. I made it work by putting a

thisstring = thisstring.encode("ISO-8859-1")

around every input the user gives me, but this is _not_ the way things
should be, I think...

Thank you for the help!
Y, Scot

--
   Scot W. Stevenson wrote me on Friday, 25. Oct 2002 in Zepernick, Germany
       on his happy little Linux system that has been up for 577 hours