[Tutor] extramural papers in python??

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:25:41 +0100

> I'm looking for a single paper which teaches programming (first year),
> which uses python as its reference language. My local college uses
> pascal (yuck yuck), and then delphi.

If you actually want to become a full time professional
programmer Pascal and Delphi are pretty good choices.
They will force you into adopting good habits that will
be useful in any future languages you use. I still use
Delphi when I need to produce a compiled Windoze program.

However if you just want to learn to program for occasional
or personal use then Python is much easier, thats why
I wrote my tutor in it :-)

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site