[Tutor] Passing a value into an embedded python interpreter

BELSEY, Dylan dylan.belsey@baesystems.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:37:58 +0930

Hi Tutor list,
	I am attempting to embed the python interpreter into C++ code.  I
have successfully been able to create functions in C++ that can be called
from the embedded interpreted environment (with the use of SWIG).  However,
I can't see my way clearly on how I can pass (map) the value of a variable
in C++, to a variable in the python namespace.
	If anyone has dealt with this or has any ideas, your advice would be
much appreciated.  I have of course been perusing the doco on extending and
embedding Python and the initial possibilities on how to tackle this problem
seem to be quite convoluted (to me anyway).
	TIA,
		Dylan