[Tutor] complex file parsing

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Tim Wilson wrote:

> I'm wondering if some of the experts on this list have some advise
> regarding more complex parsing of files. Here's the scenario: I'm a
> Ph.D. student in eduation, specifically Instructional Systems and
> Technology. I'm taking a class right now where we are supposed to survey
> the literature in our field and find trends, summarize what sort of work
> is being done, etc. Being a geek I naturally gravitate toward automation
> for tasks like this. :-)

Hi Tim,

There's a project out there called 'pybliographer' that might be useful
for you:

    http://canvas.gnome.org:65348/pybliographer/

It looks like they canceled support for Endnote, though I haven't dug
deeply enough to find out why yet.

At an initial glance, it looks like regular expressions would be useful to
parse the records.  Has anyone replied back to you about using regular
expressions on your problem yet?