[Tutor] String format question

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Wed Nov 27 20:00:02 2002

At 18:52 2002-11-27 -0500, andy surany wrote:
>I hadn't thought about the proportional font issue - and you guys are
>right, it probably will cause some alignment problems.

Some?

A proportional W is typcally four times wider than i.
A space is usually about half as wide as a digit. Often
digits are made the same width, but that's little help.

There's *no* *way* you can align columns in proportional
text with spaces. But perhaps you should try hard, so
that you remember the ordeal the next time. You'll never
forget that, I promise! ;)

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN