[Tutor] Re: Cannot run the demo.py of wxPythonDemo

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Wed Nov 27 17:57:11 2002

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 09:49:11PM +0100, kbond wrote:

| I am not sure this is the right place to ask this question but i didn't
| find a better one.
| Few days ago I have downloaded  the tarball wxPythonDemo from
| (http://www.wxpython.org/download.php).

| conf: debian woody

Why not just install the 'wxwin2.3-examples' package instead?

Once you've done that, you need to uncompress the example (it's
compressed because it is "documentation").

# apt-get install wxwin2.3-examples libwxgtk2.3-python
$ cd /tmp
$ cp -r /usr/share/doc/wxwin2.3-examples/examples/wxPython .
$ cd wxPython
$ for F in *.gz ; do gunzip $F ; done
$ ./demo.py

-D