[Tutor] Re: Speaking of regular expressions

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Thu Nov 21 21:40:02 2002

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 06:14:26PM -0500, Bob Rea wrote:
| Do any of you know of an introduction to gegular expressions=20
| that has a series of lessons and exercises that increase in=20
| complexity as you go? Maybe like a high scholl algebra book=20
| level of teaching. Thats what I really need.

"Mastering Regular Expressions" by Jeffrey Friedl, published by
O'Reilly.

The book is a bit dated now (for example the python-specific parts
refer to the 'regex' module which predates the 're' module) but it is
very good at explaining the concept of regexes and also working
through differences in various regex engines.

-D

--=20
How to shoot yourself in the foot with Java:
=20
You find that Microsoft and Sun have released incompatible class
libraries both implementing Gun objects. You then find that although
there are plenty of feet objects implemented in the past in many other
languages, you cannot get access to one. But seeing as Java is so cool,
you don't care and go around shooting anything else you can find.
    (written by Mark Hammond)
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga