[Tutor] my newbie program

Scot Stevenson scot@possum.in-berlin.de
Wed Nov 20 19:31:01 2002

Hi -

> i am working through the rest. i guess right now
> my question is: does thinking like this get any
> easier with practice? because my brain is starting
> to hurt.

As somebody who has just reached the point where he can program small things
without having to reach for the book more than once every ten minutes, I can
say with great certainty: Yes, if you keep at it, it will get easier up to
the point where you have problems understanding what your problems were. I
remember banging my head against the wall because I didn't understand how the
index system worked with splicing - you know, the stuff on page six - and now
I find myself doing the indicis without thinking. Scary in a way, but
satisfying.

Remember, you probably used to think multiplication was hard, too, and now you
just /know/ that 12 times 3 is 42 ...er...

Y, Scot

--
  Scot W. Stevenson -- scot@possum.in-berlin.de -- Zepernick, Germany