[Tutor] need some help for program!!

sachin mehra bindas_qwerty@hotmail.com
Sun Nov 17 20:45:02 2002

Hi,
I have to take a sentence as input that has had all the spaces ( and
punctuation) removed and put the spaces back in. I have to use a search
based algorithm on a probabilistic language model to recover spaces.
It looks like to me that either I can use one of the following:
Train the model with HMM & then use viterbi algorithm with beam search
OR
Train the model with HMM & then use A*/Best first algorithm.

I am just proposing this!! If any one has better Ideas/code..plz help me.

I had another question.How can I use HMM(Hidden markov models) to train a
model given some text?? What do I take as intial states and state
transisions for the problem stated above? Can anyone help me ?

ANyone with better ideas??

Thanx,
Manish