[Tutor] Re: catching any exception?

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Sun Nov 17 11:35:02 2002

> But I've noticed that the code only works for any of the "standard"
> exceptions.  If I define my own exception, which is what
> DCOracle does, and raise that, it's not caught:

String exceptions have been deprecated in Python since(I think) v2...
But since many utilities etc use them...

> See, "myException" was not caught.  How can I catch all exceptions,
> including the ones that DCOracle defines?

try:
  # foo
except:
  # now use traceback module to figure out what exactly got caught!

a plain "except:" will catch any kind of exception.

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site