[Tutor] Class Construction question

lumbricus@gmx.net lumbricus@gmx.net
Tue Nov 12 06:26:20 2002

Hi!

> At 07:41 PM 11/11/2002 -0500, Chris Davidson wrote:
> >  shebang?
>
> What's that? (I'll bet it's a unix thing; realize that some of don't have
> good grep on unix) <g>

Yes, it's ...

[ snip ]

> >#!/usr/bin/python
   ^^^
... that
AKA hash-bang hack.
<OT>
Normally anything between "#" and "\n" is regarded as
comment in Unix-scripts. a "#!$PATH" in the first line
lets you choose a different interpreter than $SHELL for your script.
In spite of the fact that everybody uses this feature since dekades,
it never made it into any standard IIRC (Don't throw things, if this
is not right - I'm not quite sure about this :-).
</OT>

[ snip ]

> Bob Gailer
> 170 Forsythe Rd
> Nederland CO 80466
> 303-442-2625

HTH, J"o!

--
Wir beschliessen etwas, stellen das dann in
den Raum und warten dann einige Zeit ab, was