[tutor] Do I need to have a strong math skills to program

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Sun Nov 10 19:00:02 2002

> Set theory are the foundations here. In practice we rarely
> need to use more advanced things like the Quine-Mc Cluskey
> method, but it's in our tool box if we need it. (See
> http://www.thinkware.se/cgi-bin/thinki.cgi/QuineMcCluskeyPy )

It never ceases to amaze me how useful this list is...

I'm currently writing a book on Software Design Notations.
The chapter on Boolean Algebra mentions some of the advanced
simplification techniques including the Kline-McCluskey
method(note spelling!) but I was puzzled why I couldn't find
any web sitesabout it! My notes on this method were taken at
university from lectures and I obviously mis-heard the
lecturer!

Thanks for providing the correct spelling Magnus! :-)

Alan g.
Author of the 'Learning to Program' web site