[Tutor] Global Variables between Modules ??

Graeme Andrew glide@slingshot.co.nz
Tue Nov 5 03:14:03 2002

Hi All,

I know this is bad programming practice but I am desperate to set a global
variable that can be shared between modules.  I have a TKinter class module
that had a 'get' method to return what button was pushed. I want to store
the result of that 'get' call in a global variable that is accessable to all
the modules in the application.  (the TKinter class is destroyed immediately
after the 'get' method is called)

As I undestand it the key word 'global' only pertains to the module it is
used in ??

Any other ideas ?  Would importing a 'global module' that has global
variables be the correct path to follow ??

Thanks in advance

Regards
Graeme Andrew