[Tutor] What's the error?

Bob Gailer ramrom@earthling.net
Mon Nov 4 13:57:02 2002

At 05:43 PM 11/4/2002 +0000, Alex Gillis wrote:

>Ok, just written a program and I'm now debugging it.  I've got to a point
>where it no longer produces any error messages but still doesn't work.
>Normally i would assume that it has just ignored parts of my programming
>rather than found problems with them (though i can't see why) but when i run
>the script from the editor, the thing freezes and i have to ctrl+alt+delete
>it.  What's going wrong with it?

It is obvious that at line 31 the program is going into an endless loop. <g>

Seriously, it would help a lot if we could see the program. Is it small
enough to post?

Have you traced it in some way to see how far it gets? There are several
ways to do this.

Bob Gailer
170 Forsythe Rd
Nederland CO 80466