[Tutor] Need Help with Pygame & Icons (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 3 19:20:02 2002

Hello,

I'm redirecting your question back to the Tutor list; it's usually a lot
better to keep the whole list in the conversation because it allows other
people to step in if one of us is unresponsive.  (Especially since I have
a bad habit of dropping personal mail!)

I didn't realize that the icon setting was Win2k/WinNT specific.  Yikes.
You may want to ask on a Pygame-specific forum if there's any way of
getting around this restriction?  You can find out more about the pygame
mailing lists here:

    http://pygame.org/info.shtml#maillist

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 06:31:34 EST
From: Jmllr891@cs.com
To: dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Need Help with Pygame & Icons

Thanks for the help, but I'm still stuck! I've read everything I could find
on pygame and py2exe and I still can't find an answer to wether or not there
is a work around for my problem. It says this on the py2exe website:

--icon ico-fileThis options allows to change the icon in the exe-file. You
can only use this flag if you run the build process under Windows NT or
Windows 2000.

I'm using Windows ME (yuck) and I need to know if there's absolutely any way
to change the icon of my final compiled executable other than creating a
shortcut and changing it's icon...thanks.