[Tutor] Jython_Essentials comments

Rob Andrews rob@uselesspython.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 10:23:16 -0500

I picked up Jython_Essentials the other day and read what I could of it
during the occasional free moment over the weekend. I'm so impressed
with what I've read so far that I wanted to mention it.

Its primary audience seems to be Java coders new to Python/Jython, but
it's of value to Python programmers as well. In fact, I'd say that
anyone who really does Jython programming should seriously consider
grabbing a copy. It covers a wide range of core topics from the
standpoint of Python, Jython, and Java. Because of the way these
comparisons are meted out, this book is expanding my understanding of
Object-Oriented Programming more than anything else I've run across.

FYI and Happy Tuesday,
Rob
http://uselesspython.com