[Tutor] Jython swing example

Rob Andrews rob@uselesspython.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 12:40:30 -0500

http://uselesspython.com/Jython_Swing_Basics.html

At the URL above, I have posted first draft notes of how to grab user
input, perform simple math on it, and display the results from a jython
prompt. I'm certainly open to constructive criticism, especially since I
haven't proofed it yet and might have left in a few stray blunders. The
bulk of it was a copy/paste from the Windows 2000 command prompt.

The example uses Java swing components for the GUI part, and features a
few cropped screenshots to show what it looks like.

For anyone who has been curious about Jython but hasn't fiddled with it
yet, this might stimulate the curiosity a bit.

Rob