[Tutor] simple problem

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 16:35:26 -0500

On Friday, March 29, 2002, at 05:11  PM, Danny Yoo wrote:

> IDLE is a great text editor for writing Python, and I have a small
> tutorial on using it here:
>
>     http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro
>
> It should show you how to write prepared programs for Python.  I have to
> admit, though, that the tutorial is somewhat tailored for Windows users,
> though I hope it's not too platform dependent.
>

> There are some people here on Tutor that use Mac OS X, so perhaps they
> can
> comment on their experiences with it?

I actually have to confess that I haven't had time to try IDLE on OS X.
I don't have Xwindows installed on my home machine, but I only do Python
on my home machine right now, so I pretty much use BBEdit for text
editing and the interpreter for playing.

AFAIK you need Xwindows or you need to install the Tk libraries (no idea
how to do that) if you want to use IDLE on Mac OS X.

Erik