[Tutor] Python & windows XP professional

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:37:48 -0000

> due to a personal bias against microsoft

I used to feel like that but I'm gradually coming round.

Win2000 and XP are actually pretty decent OSs. The activation
stuff is fine if you don't change your PC config very often
but for me its a pain - I've had to reactivate twice since
I first installed in October last year.... I'm always messing
with my hardware! But XP has proved solid and fast and
memory efficient. I'm seriously considering deleting
Linux from my main box - I'll still use a modified Smoothwall
as my DHCP/firewall and local Web server.

> of the way I would say to you that you are the first person I
> know of to use python on XP.

I've been using v2.0 since I installed XP and Cygwin v2.1 since
December. No problems.

Alan g.