[Tutor] Need *Python Help* help

binary_star moodykre8r@earthlink.net
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:51:10 -0800

When requesting help for "topics" (from within IDLE) I am receiving the
following message:

	"Sorry, topic and keyword documentation
	 is not available because the Python HTML
	 documentation files could not be found.
	 If you have installed them, please set
	 the environment variable PYTHONDOCS to
	 indicate their location."

Thing is, I installed Python via fink, and don't know if the HTML
documentation was included, nor do I know how to set the PYTHONDOCS env.
var. to indicate anything. I was not able to successfully google a simple
answer out of the Web, so I am asking for someone here to help me out.

I am still unsure how to locate all my Python files. That is, I don't know
what directories to look in, and I don't know *what* necessarily to look
for. If I haven't got the HTML docs, I'd like to know where to get them and
how to install them.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
James Pomeroy