[Tutor] Python & windows XP professional

Ike Hall hall@nhn.ou.edu
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:45:59 -0600

due to a personal bias against microsoft (hey, at least Im telling you Im
biased), my highest recommendation would be to get a better OS, however, I
realize you probably think Im a linux kook too (I am  :)  ), so with that out
of the way I would say to you that you are the first person I know of to use
python on XP. (This is because the XP'rs I know dont want to program, and the
programmers I know dont want XP), so although I can't be of any real help
now,(hopefully others here may be), you are in the unique situation of what
in my mind is treading new ground.  My Suggestion to you would be to
periodically keep this list informed of how well it works, the problems you
encounter, and their solutions.  And to keep reading from this list as you
will no doubt gain much experience that will help other who will want to be
like you :)
so although this message surely wont be of any real help, I do sincerely want
to wish you good luck.

Ike

PS.
on a side note I did a google search under python, windows, XP
and a curious article struck my eye about a privacy leak in python for
windows (couldnt tell if this also applies to XP or not, but still may be
helpful).  This may fall under the ounce of prevention you speak of.  the URL
is http://www.securiteam.com/windowsntfocus/5BP0N0U61G.html