[Tutor] NameError spell checking, part three

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:25:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

I've cleaned up the presentation of the NameError spell checker a little
more, and now it should be much easier to use.  I've plageriz... er...
modelled its design from the 'cgitb' module.

Behold, the DebugSpelling module:

###
>>> import DebugSpelling
>>> DebugSpelling.enable()
>>> _builtins_
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name '_builtins_' is not defined.
Perhaps you meant one of the following: '__builtins__'
###

I've placed the code on ChalkBoard at the moment:

    http://www.decrem.com:8080/ChalkBoard/1016858358/index_html

Who wants to polish it up to add support for AttributeErrors?  *grin*
Perhaps, with some work, the Tutor mailing list can submit DebugSpelling
as a standard Python module.

This was a fun miniproject.  I hope this helps!