[Tutor] curses module and screens on DOS

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:02:20 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, ichazo maximiliano wrote:

> I've read there is a module called curses to work with plain screens
> such as DOS or any other plain-text screen. However, I couldn't find
> it. I asked few day ago in here about this topic but I'm a bit
> confused.

Hi Ichazo!

Sorry about not answering sooner; I've been a bit busy.  The curses
module, unfortunately, appears to be limited to Unix systems until someone
takes the time to make it work on Windows.  There's supposed to be a
similar module called WConio:

    http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/wconio.html

so you may have more success with it.

There's some more information on curses here:

    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-python6.html

where the author casually mentions that someone had ported curses to
Windows... but doesn't mention it for the rest of the article.  *sigh*
Does anyone know more about this?

Good luck to you!