[Tutor] Re: pair programming.

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 00:14:53 -0500

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 06:05:44PM -0400, Andrei Kulakov wrote:
| On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 01:04:56PM +0200, Abel Daniel wrote:
| > On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 02:25:34AM -0400 Andrei Kulakov (ak@silmarill.o=
rg) wrote
| > > I never understood why don't vi or vim have a colored or a highlighted
| > > bar on top or bottom that toggle between command/entry mode.

| > I use vim and in the last line it shows stuff like "-- INSERT --" or
| > "-- VISUAL BLOCK -- " for different modes.

| Yeah I know but some people apparently still get confused.. If there
| was a colored bar, you'd see it in the corner of your eye even if you
| were looking at the middle of screen where you're typing..

If there was a white line with ALL CAPS TEXT it you'd see it out of
the corner of your eye ... oh wait, it does have that.  My point is
just that no matter what you will do, _some_ user will find a way to
be confused.  My desktop has enough color on it already to obscure
such a bar.  (xpenguin is cool too)

If you forget where you're at, just hit ESC repeatedly and when the
computer beeps (or the screen flashes, or you've hit it a few times)
you're guaranteed to be in command mode :-).

-D

--=20

If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His
Word has no place in our lives.
        I John 1:10
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/