[Tutor] Cant get "print "hello world"" to work

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:50:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Dont Know Tell Me Plz wrote:

> Whenever i try to run anything it always tells me...
>        File "C:\Python22\hello.py", line 3
>              hello world
>                             ^
> It always points at the 1 of the last numbers digits or " 's

Hello!

Hmmm... can you show us what hello.py looks like?  It sounds like there
might be a small syntax error that's causing Python to get confused.
Please feel free to cut and paste verbatim, so that we can see what the
program looks like.

Also, there are often a few extra lines of error message that show up.
Here's an example of an error message;

###
>>> the sampo!
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    the sampo!
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
###

Python tries to be helpful by saying exactly why it's getting confused,
and approximately where it got lost.  So that very last line is also
useful for us.

Good luck to you!