[Tutor] Curses

Terje Johan Abrahamsen terjeja@hotmail.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:08:23 +0000

I need the module curses.ascii.isdigit and have included the following in my
program:

import curses
from curses import ascii
from curses.ascii import isdigit

When I try to run it, I get this response:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
line 301, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "C:\Python22\ff\ffac.py", line 6, in ?
    import curses
  File "C:\Python22\lib\curses\__init__.py", line 15, in ?
    from _curses import *
ImportError: No module named _curses

But, then I write >>>import curses and run it again. Then everything works
perfect? What is wrong? Why isn't it imported the first time by the program?

Thanks,
Terje