[Tutor] Python based blog software

Dean Goodmanson ponderor@lycos.com
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 21:59:36 -0700

>What the heck is a blog?!

Arg! I've carelessy used of jargon in this venue.

"blog" is short/jargon for a Web Logging system. weBLOGing.

WhatIs.com Definition:
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci213547,00.html

Here are some articles on the wonders of weblogging:
(in no particular order)
"Essential Blogging Public Review":
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/1460

Others:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/javascript/2002/01/01/cory.html
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/javascript/2002/06/13/megnut.html
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/1460

On a personal note, Thanks for "Learn to Program Using Python". I didn't purchase it to learn programming, but to learn Python. The book (and language) appealed to my profesional ideals and I've been enjoying the wide world of Python for the last year or so. You're praise for "The Pragmatic Programmer" is my best example of this.

Best Regards,

Dean

WIN a first class trip to Hawaii.  Live like the King of Rock and Roll
on the big Island. Enter Now!
http://r.lycos.com/r/sagel_mail/http://www.elvis.lycos.com/sweepstakes